What’s been happening with our MY JOB team behind the scenes, the pivotal decision we made about Book 3 in our series, and how you can be the first to get it–for FREE!
Behind the Scenes at MY JOB Gen Z
How the Pandemic and Recession Hit Us
This year, when the COVID pandemic first hit, we–like you–stopped in our tracks, hunkered down and held our breaths, hoping the nightmare would soon end.
Like many members of Generation Z, Sanam found her nascent college tenure rudely interrupted and retreated to her old childhood bedroom to learn online as best she could. She tried to make plans but weeks became months, the shutdown continued, and everything about her future looked murky and uncertain. She had to give up her part-time job at a local restaurant and could not find a summer internship in any field . . . As she fell from being an independent, ambitious student into a penniless child regressed back to her parents’ home, Sanam unintentionally became the precise reason we needed to publish MY JOB Gen Z.
However, during the early months of COVID, we both cared about nothing more than the health and safety of our loved ones–and we simply could not force ourselves to focus on our book. We decided to put it on hold . . . Until . . .
We Broke Up with Our Publisher, But . . .
Suddenly, across the miles and decades between us, we both knew exactly what we had to do: We had to respond to this global crisis with the finest resources we could offer, updated to our new “COVID reality,” to help Generation Z navigate a very uncertain future.
The pandemic had cost Sanam her college experience, and the recession cost Suzanne the funding to produce our book with our traditional publisher, Greenleaf Book Group. So we made the painful decision not to continue working with their top-notch team.
However, for you, our loyal readers, it’s a win-win.
MY JOB Gen Z to Publish Right HERE, Beginning September 1
We’re thrilled to announce that MY JOB Gen Z: Finding Your Place in a Fast-Changing World, will publish RIGHT HERE, in a series of brief, informative and inspiring blogs, beginning September 1.
The book, whose genre is nonfiction-sociology/business and career studies, combines inspirational true stories about and by members of Generation Z striving toward or basking in their dream jobs with pragmatic “how to” tools and tips for how to launch your own career.
MY JOB Gen Z includes:
- How COVID has changed the workplace for Generation Z
- What studies reveal compared with who Gen Z says they are
- Input from real Gen Zers across the U.S. and around the world
- Inspiration from Gen Zers achieving their dream jobs and changing the world
- Tools, tips, and resources for securing an internship, landing your first job, and leaping up the ladder to your dream job.
How to Get Your Book, First and FREE
The latest in the MY JOB series will be released FREE and open source, serially in brief chapters, on this blog.
- To reach as many members of Generation Z–and those who care about them–as possible, across the U.S. and around the world.
- To share the inspiring stories we’ve collected by and about Gen Zers working to achieve their career goals.
- To offer a book BY GEN Z, FOR GEN Z that, we hope, will reinvigorate this talented generation, restore your hope, and give you the tools you need to land your first, next, and then dream job–whether you’re working behind a face mask or from your home desk, or dominating your profession in a post-crisis world.
To help us reach out further, please copy and paste the link to this blog on your social media. Anyone, anywhere, who signs up here gets the serially-published book for FREE.
Cheers to open-source, independent publishing, starting right here on September 1!
Highlights from our book will publish right here, Tuesday and Friday mornings. Stay tuned . . .
–Suzanne and Sanam